What are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a custom-made cap that looks like a tooth. It is placed over the tooth or teeth in question and is either for protection purposes or for cosmetic enhancement.
Dental crowns are used to restore a tooth’s shape, size and strength, as well as improving its overall appearance.
Why are Dental Crowns needed?
Dental crowns are used for many reasons, including:
- restoring a chipped or cracked tooth
- protecting a weak tooth
- supporting a dental bridge
- disguising a misshaped or discoloured tooth
What is a CEREC Crown?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It is a ceramic crown that is designed, made and inserted in one single visit.
Our modern technology can get the job done with:
- no unpleasant impression material
- no bothersome temporary prosthesis
- no follow-up appointment
- long term stability
What is involved?
- A camera captures the area to be treated
- The crown is created as a 3D model on the computer
- The restoration created on the computer is milled from a ceramic block
- The finished ceramic restoration is inserted into the mouth.